Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Clipping Cartoons

I have an Andy Capp cartoon on the front of my refrigerator that I consider to be one of the funniest comic strips I have ever seen. When I first read it, I immediately cut it out and stuck it on the fridge. The cartoon has survived several moves, my first marriage, a divorce, and is still on my fridge almost five years into my second marriage. I looked at the cartoon tonight and realized it has been on my refrigerator for almost 23 years! Anyway, here's the cartoon...












...what really makes it work is the artwork in the last panel:















Folks, it doesn't get any better than this!

2 comments:

Tim Winstead said...

Those are originals, huh?. They are in great shape for 23 years. Always did like Andy Capp and that one is no different. That last frame really is the punch. Great piece. Another favorite of mine was 'Bringing up A Father' with Jiggs and Maggie. That one always made me laugh out loud.Ironically, it is one of a handfull of strips I do NOT have in my collection.
One day though...I'm always looking.
Anyway Pastor...great strip. Brought back some memorable memories. Thanks

Leon said...

Uhuh. :)